The Director, Product is a pivotal role interfacing directly with leadership, design, product and engineering. You will be responsible for the full lifecycle of Product Development, from competitive analysis to working closely with team members and customers to understand the problems that need to be solved to creating detailed specifications and intuitive deliverable milestones and being a trusted hub to socialize and orient feature impact.
You will challenge, share and promote the product vision of the leadership team and be an avid evangelist of the product as well as a great leader and project manager.
Responsibilities are inclusive of product vision, strategy, design, development, and product marketing. Similarly, you must display strong influence in engineering, customer marketing and partnership management.
The Director, Product essentially oversees every element of the product from its conceptualization to its launch and post-launch performance.
Objectives and Responsibilities
- Discover and own customer needs through research and market data
- Develop product lines and appraise new ideas for market viability
- Assess competition by comparing products
- Create product marketing communications objectives
- Create long- and short-term product sales forecasts and analysis for management
- Review resource levels and production schedules for product release
- Market new products with sales, advertising and production teams
- Schedule and assign operational requirements
- Manage the Product and help manage the Development team, including coaching and planning
- Work closely with the Design team focusing on UX: provide concept, wireframes and mock-ups
Project Management Requirements
- Work closely with R&D: create epics, provide user stories, detailed tasks and prioritized feature sets
- Manage development lifecycle on an Agile (SCRUM) methodology
- Manage development back-log and prioritize items for sprints
- Control versions and release notes
- Approve and socialize releases: conduct sanity tests and provide workarounds when needed
- Work closely with sales, marketing teams: conduct training sessions and provide support to technical questions or on-site issues.
Leadership and Mentorship
The Director, Product leads the Product Management lifecycle.
In addition to leadership, you will also play a mentorship role for key personnel, constantly ensuring improvement in their professional skills and offering assistance in their role and responsibilities.
In this capacity, you’ll also lead the transformation of product ideas from their most formidable stages into actionable concepts, timelines, and projects while maintaining a serious consideration of the financial implications, marketing needs, and the overall objectives of the business. You are the manager of the day-to-day execution of all product activities for the purpose of meeting the product and the business’s goals.
Demonstrating a rich blend of analytical, creative, and strategic talents in order to win the confidence of colleagues and to effectively communicate, motivate, and inspire cross-functional teams with professionalism and clarity. Superior problem-solving skills that quickly nullify any conflicts or complications in the product management department, enabling a smooth performance of functions and a reduction of delays.
Vision and Strategy
You will partner with core internal leaders to spearhead the product’s strategy formation as well as execution. Creating and managing a process that drives toward a scalable product/service platform that will, in turn, drive the business’s product profitability while ensuring that there is continuous improvement in the product as well as the product’s compliance to market needs wrapped in a product experience that continuously and consistently delights the customer.
Marketing and Evangelism
The Director, Product is also tasked with playing a lead role in marketing the product. You act as the lead evangelist for the business’s product leveraging the input of other internal leaders.
In this capacity, you will coordinate the functions of product design, maintenance, and improvement, ensuring that the product resonates with customers.
Interacting directly with current and prospective customers in an effort to communicate the product’s value and benefits while simultaneously sourcing feedback and assessing their reception and experience with the product.
- Bachelor’s degree in something interesting
- Strong and creative communication and writing skills
- Great understanding of technology and product marketing
- Interested in and knowledgeable about innovative foods and beverages
- Previous, deep experience working in E-commerce, B2B marketplaces, and customer support
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, start-up environment where change is constant and you will be required to wear many hats with ease and flexibility
- Experience of at least 7 years in Product Management
- The ability to work independently and still retain a high level of self-motivation; a possession of a high degree of professional as well as personal integrity; an ability to work effectively in a group setting and the ability to push that group in a unified direction
- Detail-oriented; superior problem solving and organizational and skills; and an ability to conceptualize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects with ease
It is an absolute necessity for you to possess great verbal and written communication skills. You’ll make presentations to the business’s stakeholders reporting on various aspects of the product’s development, from marketing, research, analytics, and management.
You also possess exceptional analytical skills that will be necessary for driving the overall success of multiple teams. You will define and analyze numerous product metrics and know when and how to apply each in order to influence the success of the product.
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence (manage Gantts)
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Balsamiq, Marvel, and InVison.
- Familiarity with analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Firebase, Appsflyer) – Advantage!
- Experience with CRM and CMS systems
- Knowledge in SQL – Advantage!
- Competitive Salary ($125K+) with real potential to grow quickly by taking on additional responsibilities
- Health Insurance
- Stock Options
- Good vacation policy
- Venture-funded tech start-up
- Inclusion in the prestigious FoodLab (WeWork) and FutureLab (NYU) Accelerator Programs
- Offices in SOHO NYC
Please contact [email protected]